Residents of West Virginia who have either misplaced or lost their birth certificates can easily replace their certificates. In Virginia the replacement is done by a part of the department of health known as the Office of Vital Records. A birth certificate is normally a very important document it may be needed when applying for certain licenses, getting a license or even for identification purposes. The three main methods of replacing your birth certificate in West Virginia are:
- Online application
- Application by mail
- Application in person
Online Birth Certificate Replacement in West Virginia
This type of application is normally done through Vital Chek and will take at least a week before you get your replacement certificate. You will need a credit or debit card to make payment in this method. You will need to provide most of your details which include your name, the date and place you were born, the names of both parents and if you are making the application for someone else then you have to give your relation with that individual and the reason why you need the birth certificate. Identification documents will have to be faxed as they are a necessary requirement for your certificate to be replaced.
Application for Birth Certificate Replacement in West Virginia using mail
Mail application takes the longest time. You will have to wait for at most four weeks before you get your birth certificate. When applying you will need the following:
Instant Electronic Copy Of...
- A Word processing program a printer but you can just use a pen and paper
- A Certified check or money order
- A Copy of your photo ID
- An Envelope and stamp
The application process is simple the following are the main steps
- You just write a letter to the Office of Vital Records informing them that you need a replacement birth certificate. In the letter include your name, the date and place you were born, the names of both parents and your signature. In case you are making the application for someone else birth certificates then you have to indicate your relationship with that individual and the reason for the application together with your contact details.
- You have to include identification documents like copies of your photo ID , your passport or even the drivers license.
- You will also include a check or money order of about $12 directed to the Virginia department of health.
- Once you have completed all this send the letter, the identification documents and the fee to the address below.
Office of Vital Records
P.O. Box 1000
Richmond, VA 23218-1000
Application for Birth Certificate Replacement in West Virginia in person
This is the fastest method and you will get your replacement on the same date of application. All you have to do is visit the offices of the Virginia department of health. There you will be asked to provide information by filling a certain form and providing the necessary identification. After this you will wait for a short period of time and you will be given your birth certificate.